The avo’ist basil-ist pasta you ever did come across…
Raise your hand if you’ve ever been personally victimised by pasta…
Here, here darling - it doesn’t all have to be flour and cheese, it can be good AND good for you. Like this guy. I have been craving this basically every single day, for many reasons:
- It’s down right DELICIOUS
- It’s probably the easiest thing you could ever do
- It’s nutritious
- Did I already say delicious?
So, here it is, the easiest pasta in the whole wide world:
(P.S. name a better duo than avo and basil…..? Exactly)
INGREDIENTS: (2 hearty servings)
- 1 x big avo
- 2 x lemons
- 2 x garlic cloves
- 1 x cup of basil leaves
- 2 x TBS tahini
- 1 x cup water
- salt and pepper to make it extra yummmmm.
- 200g of gluten free pasta (or any kinda pasta that tickles your fancy)
HOW DO I DO IT:
- Bring the water for the pasta to boil, add a little salt in the water too. Once it’s boiling plop the pasta in the water and cook it until it’s ready (this time will vary depending on your pasta choice - so if pasta isn’t your thang, read the back of the packet)
- Whilst your pasta is cooking, throw all of your ingredients into the blender and BLEND until smooth.
- Yip, that’s it.
- mix the sauce and the pasta and voila - the dreamiest pasta EVER.
- Sometimes, when I’m feeling spicey, I add fresh chilies and pine nuts on top. The world is your pasta baby.
“life is a combination of magic and pasta”
— federico Fellini