Picture this. Its Sunday, it’s been a beautiful weekend you’re sun kissed and just all round happy. Its dinner time now, and pizza is for dinner. Am I dreaming? And it gets better, I know right. How? It’s an ACTIVATED CHARCOAL pizza. Ah the digestive gods are singing. It’s a good day for a good day.
WHAT EVEN IS ACTIVATED CHARCOAL? It’s that thing that will make your pizza look like soot but taste and feel like heaven in your body.
it’s power lies in it’s amazing ability to clear toxins from your body - amazing detox for your body. don’t underestimate activated charcoal & all it’s glory. doctors even use this guy to help people who have been poisoned. it’s that good. & now it can be in your pizza. who knew pizza could get even better.
INGREDIENTS: 2 big pizzas
- 2.5 CUPS FLOUR (gluten free flour blend, whole-wheat – whatever you’re feeling)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon activated charcoal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet yeast
- 2 ¼ cups warm water
1. First things first, preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. And get out your pizza pan for the oven.
2. In a bowl add yeast and warm water, stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. In the meantime, get a big bowl and add your flour, salt and activated charcoal. Stir until all mixed nicely and it’s all blended a nice grey/black colour.
4. Once the yeast has sat for 5 minutes add olive oil to the bowl, and mix it all together.
5. Next up, Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix into a nice ooey-gooey dough. Yip, that’s your pizza dough. Congratulations!
6. Option. Let it sit for an hour or so to let it rise. Or not. Totally up to you.
7. Roll out your pizza bases. Sprinkle some flour on the pan, and honestly, I just use my hands to push out the dough to form a really weird looking shape that will be my pizza soon. But by all means lay it out on the counter with some flour and start rolling. Up to you - it doesn’t have to be difficult. Precook the bases for 10 minutes.
8. Then when your pizza toppings are ready add to precooked bases and cook for another 15 minutes and VOILA. Dinner is served. Italian style.
WHAT’S ON MY PIZZA YOU ASK?
- I blended fresh tomatoes and basil for my pizza paste (DELISH)
- Dropped dollops of hummus all over the thing, because hummus is life. ESPECIALLY when its cooked on a pizza!
- Cherry tomatoes. Duh.
- Vegan cream cheese.
- And after it’s been cooked i topped it with the el classico avo, rocket and balsamic vinegar. The perfect combo!
“buy me a pizza & tell me i’m pretty”