Yes. It’s sweet potato and chocolate all mixed in one. And it’s delicious.
We’ve all heard about them and we all love them. Who doesn’t love sweet potatoes? And who doesn’t love brownies? NOONE! Put them together and what have we got: bibitty bobity bibity bobity BROWNIES! Perfectly, delicious, guilt free, pleasure FULL brownies… the toughest thing about this recipe, is firstly trying not to eat all the batter and secondly trying not to scoff the whole tray when they’re baked and warm and just so yummy. MINDFUL EATING KIM!!!!! Anyway, let’s get baking…
- 1 cup sweet potato pure
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 x flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax in 5 tablespoons water)
- 2 x tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plant-based milk
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¾ cup of whatever you’d like to add: chocolate, nuts, pretzels. ANYTHING.
1. Prep your pan. 20cm x 20cm or something similar and line with baking paper or even just lube up with some coconut oil. Whatever works best for you. And put the oven on 180 degree Celsius.
2. Make your sweet potato puree. Peel your sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes, then bring them to the boil until nice and super super soft. Now, you have options: blend, hand blend or even mash. Whatever floats your boat. I find blending is best as then its super silky and soft.
3. Prep your flax eggs and then let them sit for 5 minutes to get nice and sticky.
4. Add all your dry ingredients into a big mixing bowl and stir it all around.
5. In another bowl, add the remaining wet ingredients and give it a nice stir around until nice and smooth.
6. Now add your wet ingredients to your dry, and mix it all about until you see the most perfect batter.
7. Before you pop it in your pan, add your choc chips or whatever you are adding and stir it into the batter.
8. NOW, pop it into the pan. Yes, were so so close to eating! (no doubt you’ve eaten half the batter by now). Make sure its spread nice and evenly throughout.
9. And now, pop it into the oven. Let it cook for 35 minutes. Note: these guys are super duper ooey gooey. Like very gooey. So, if that’s not your thang maybe leave it in the oven for an extra 5 until it’s to your fancy.
10. Let them cool in the pan for about 30 minutes or so (if you can handle the wait).
11. ENJOY IT YOU WONDERFUL THING! X
“all your need is love. But a little chocolate every now and then doesn’t hurt”
— Charles M. Shulz