If you’re looking for a reason to wake up in the morning (which I really hope isn’t the case by the way) look no further than this crunchy piece of heaven that can be eaten in oats, smoothie bowls, solo anything and everything. I have also taken the liberty of making a FRUIT-FREE granola because basically fruit in granola is yuk, blah. It’s supposed to be crunchy people, keep your raisons to yourselves all you crazy’s out there!!!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME:
- 1kg gluten free oats
- 1 cup dried coconut pieces
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 0.5 cups of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 0.5 cups of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
BUT HOW DO I GET IT SO GOOD:
1. Place your oven on the al classico 180 degrees Celsius, and oil up two of your biggest pans that will fit in your oven together, may no part be left unoiled.
2. Toss all the dry ingredients in the biggest mixing bowl ever (this stuff tends to fly all over the show) and mix and mix and mix until your hearts content.
3. And in all the wet ingredients and mix and mix and mix until every little grain of everything is nice and wet (this is how we get the crunch)
4. Pour in your future granola between both of your big pans until the mixture is finito from your bowl.
5. Place in the oven on 180 for 30 minutes, tossing every 5-10 minutes, we want them all to get equal amounts of love.
6. After it’s been in for 30 minutes, drop your oven to reach 100 degrees Celsius and let it bake for a further 10 minutes on this low heat – tossing it at least every 5 minutes.
7. And, VOILA! Just like that, you have granola to eat whenever and wherever you like. LUCKY YOU!!!!!
“A good morning sounds a lot like granola...”