It’s a new world, cows milk is out & oat milk is in. Why? Because being kind is cool.
But sometimes the kind choice can be expensive, and sometimes it can come with some unwanted ingredients.
So, here is a earth friendly/budget friendly recipe to the ultimate oat milk.
makes 8 servings, lasts for +-5 days. Keep refrigerated.
- 1 x cup gluten free rolled oats
- 3.5 cups water
- a pinch of salt
- 2 x dates (optional)
- 0.5 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Placed all ingredients in the blender, and blend until smooth. For about 30-45 seconds, (over blending will turn the milk slimy, so avoid this).
- Using a cheese cloth/nut milk bag/old t-shirt, drain the mixture through the bag and until a bowl.
- Make sure you squeeze all the milk out.
- Transfer into a jug and refrigerate – yip, that’s it. Oat milk cuppa’s got that much. more reasonable!
* If using a t-shirt run the milk through it twice.
* Instead of throwing away the “oat pulp” add it to your baking!
Enjoy it lovelies, and remember – kind is always the cool option.