Here at Tulua Sun HQ we are big tofu fans. But sometimes it can be so difficult to source, and sometimes we need to take out a small loan to purchase a block. Solution? Make your own! As easy as 1, 2, 3! And did we mention, DELICIOUS?
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- 1.5 cups room temperature water
- a dash of salt
- Place your red lentils in the boiling water in a side dish and let them soak and swell for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, blend the lentils and hot water until a smooth, silky texture is formed.
- Get a saucepan ready and pour the blended tofu into the pan, and your room temperature water and whisk together.
- Then, place the pan on medium-high heat and whisk until the mixture becomes thick!
- Once you’ve got your perfect texture, pour your thick mixture into a +-20cm ceramic or glass dish, place in the fridge to cool for about 8 hours, or overnight if you have the time!
- Once you’ve let it cool – cute the block into your ideal size pieces, cook and enjoy!
It’s really that easy, and trust us – it is so yummy!