Exactly what the name of this recipe is, is how I feel about life. I am a buckwheat freakazoid, but give it to me warm in the morning and my day is made. It is the tastiest breakie, and if you’re a tad board of your usual oats so easy in the morning- give this puppy a try. You’ll never look back. So, (cough cough) it is my pleasure to introduce you to your new addiction: BUCKWHEAT PORRIDGE!
“There is never a sadness that can’t be cured by breakfast…”
FUN FACT ALERT:
Buckwheat is a VERY nutritious whole grain that many people claim to be a superfood. Mmmmm. Alongside a gazillion other health benefits, buckwheat may improve heart health, promote weight loss, and even help manage diabetes. And yes, you’re having it for breakfast. You little health goat, you.
INGREDIENTS: serves 2 very hungry bellies…
– 1 cup buckwheat, rinsed
– 2 cups water
– 0.5 cups plant-based milk
– 2 teaspoons maple syrup, or whatever other sweet goodness floats your boat
– 0.5 teaspoon vanilla essence
– Cinnamon (however much you like, I’m a freak)
TOP ME UP SISTER:
– Almond butter or any nut butter as a matter of fact, each delicious
– Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries. BERRIES, BERRIES, BERIIES.
– Chia seeds
– Coconut flakes
– Whatever your body’s asking from you today x
1. Place the buckwheat into a pot and add the two cups of water in, and give it a good stir.
2. Place the pot on high heat and bring to the boil.
3. Once its boiled, drop the heat real low and let the babies simmer for about 12 quick sticks minutes.
4. Keep stirring and giving it some love every now and then.
5. After 12 minutes of simmering is up, turn it off and keep the pot on the hot plate and add in your milk, maple, vanilla and cinnamon.
6. Stir it all up until it’s all mixed in and ready to be mindfully eaten by beautifully you.
7. Pour it into your fave bowl, and add in all the delicious toppings you can think of. The world is your buckwheat. x